Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blog Post # 1

Hello everyone my name is Rebekah Burleson. This is my first blog ever and I am blogging for my EDM 310 class. I am a 28 year old wife, mother, and student. I am returning to South after seven years and feel I am more ready to take on the work. I am looking forward to this semester, although I do have some reservations. I want to make good grades and make sure to dedicate myself to my studies. My reservations stem from wanting to be a good mother and wife, while also being a good student. I plan on graduating in May 2013 with my Elementary Education degree. I would most like to teach third or fourth grade. I want to enter the field of education because I want to make a difference in children's lives. This field also allows me to be with my children more than another field would.
I am a christian. My interest's are spending time with my family, ALABAMA football, and going to the beach or creek. I have always lived in Mobile, I don't know that I would like living anywhere else; although it's hot, it's home. Besides being a student, I am also a substitute teacher. I love being a substitute and can't wait to have my own class one day. I have been married six years to my wonderful husband. I have two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. My family keeps me busy but the rewards are worth it for sure. Life is a gift and I try to remember that everyday. I want to be a good student for myself first but also to show my children, whatever you put your mind to do it. I took a break from school for seven years and now I am returning, it's never to late. I believe that it will be a great thing for me because I am a much different person than the first time around. I am excited for this new chapter in my life!
I watched the Randy Pausch video. The thing I learned from the video was making the list. I knew making a list was important but didn't think it would be necessary. When Randy said, "what will happen if I don't do it", I thought that was a good question for me. If I think about that question, it reminds me why I am doing what I am doing and also what the reward is for working so hard. I was unfamiliar of Randy Pausch until this video.

1 comment:

  1. Rebekah,

    I think that it's awesome that you decided to come back to school a bit later in life! I've found a pattern in that people that do just what you did are typically the best students!

    From talking with you in the lab, you seem like a fun, motivated woman, and I can't wait to see what you come up with this semester!

    Roll tide!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete